According to advice from the Australian Department of Health, the virus is most likely spread through:
- Close contact with an infected person
- Contact with droplets from an infected person’s cough or sneeze
- Touching objects or surfaces (doorknobs, tables) that have cough or sneeze droplets from an infected person, and then touching your face
We encourage all players and support personnel to exercise good hygiene:
- Cleanse your hands frequently using alcohol-based hand sanitiser if hands are not visibly soiled, or soap and water when hands are visibly soiled;
- If coughing or sneezing, cover nose and mouth with flexed elbow or paper tissue, dispose of tissue immediately after use and cleanse your hands;
- Refrain from touching your face until you have thoroughly washed your hands.
Feeling Unwell? Symptoms of COVID-19 can range from mild illness to pneumonia. Some people will recover easily, and others may get very sick very quickly. People with coronavirus may experience: fever, flu-like symptoms such as coughing, sore throat and fatigue, shortness of breath.
If you are experiencing symptoms, please seek medical advice. If you have recently returned from overseas or if you may have been in contact with a person recently returned from overseas, please monitor your health.
Please note that as the situation evolves, advice from Australian Government and the World Health Organisation may change. Keep up to date with the details with the resource links below:
- Australian Government Department of Health:
- World Health Organisation:
- Australian Government Department of Home Affairs: